Movement Church Culture
Movement Church is a place where people can come as they are and leave changed by the power of Jesus.
Movement Church exists to glorify God by helping people experience, know, and follow Jesus well. Usually we shorten this statement to simply say this: Our vision is to make life-change possible. This means that the Partners and people of Movement Church commit to creating a safe and encouraging environment where people can establish a relationship with Christ, learn about how God wants us to live, and grow with other Christians in our community. While we don’t believe we can make life-change happen ( the greatest changes in our lives require God to transform us), we can create an environment where it’s possible.
“Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin.” -Zechariah 4:10
Movement Church began as an idea. Several years ago God called two families to plant a church with the goal of reaching the unreached and, after gathering a core group, Movement Church officially launched on October 12, 2008 in Barberton, Ohio. Since our inception, we have seen God save countless people and change many lives through our ministry.
What are values? They are the ideals that guide our attitude, behavior, decisions, and ultimately our culture.
- Love – Jesus tells us to love God, love our neighbors, love one another, and even love our enemies! We take a stance on love, and everything else is a conversation.
- Authenticity – Nobody really benefits from being fake. We value being honest with ourselves and others about our lives.
- Honor – We’re called to honor others above ourselves (Romans 12:10), which benefits the community and pleases God.
- Excellence – When Jesus turned water into wine, he didn’t just turn it into the cheap stuff. He turned it into “the best” wine (John 2:10)! We believe doing all things to the best of our ability honors God.
- Action – Partner should contribute more than they consume. We are not a church of sitters, we are a church of doers.
Four Lanes of Focus
The following “lanes” are the four major ways in which we do ministry inside the church.
- Weekend Experience – The weekend experience consists of everything you see, hear, smell, touch, and taste on Sunday morning. From the parking lot to the sermon and back, we strive to create a distraction-free environment where believers can grow and worship and non-believers can feel comfortable and, hopefully, come to faith in Jesus.
- Kids – KidZone is a fun, safe, clean, and age appropriate place where Partners and guests can feel confident their children will hear the Gospel and be well cared for!
- Students – The Exchange student ministry is where fun and meaningful collide for students in grades 6-12. The focus of this ministry is on connecting students to Jesus and each other in a fun, teen-friendly environment.
- Connect Groups – Church done on a smaller and more intimate level. Groups meet to discuss sermon or Bible-based topics and support each other with accountability and godly advice and love.